A well maintained skincare routine is one of life’s great successes – Violet Grey
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a treatment designed to remove unwanted hair from the face and body – a safe, effective and relatively pain-free method with long lasting results.
NewSkin laser hair removal is performed with the industry leading Medical Grade Candela GentleLase Pro and GentleYag Pro which treat all skin types and all areas with maximum efficiency.Pricing Book Online
|5 mins to 60 mins, dependent on area to be treated|
|4 to 6 weeks: intervals may be shorter or longer depending on area to be treated and hair growth cycle|
Is Laser Hair Removal for me?
If you’re tired of shaving and waxing or simply do not enjoy the results from traditional methods, then Laser Hair Removal is for you.
Offering significant eradication of unwanted hair, after a case-dependent number of sessions, any regrowth can be easily managed with touch up treatments.
Your NewSkin Therapist will recommend a personalised plan based on your specific needs and concerns.
NewSkin recommends 8 to 12 treatments at 4 to 6 week intervals. Book in for a free consultation with a NewSkin Therapist today.
How it works
Laser energy delivers an intense beam of light initiated through a handheld device.
Absorbed by the melanin in the hair and converted into heat, the Candela Medical Grade Gentle technology work to directly target specific cells, leaving the surrounding areas unaltered while discouraging further hair growth.
Using a patented Dynamic Cooling Device™, the skin is prepped and cooled milliseconds before each laser pulse, allowing for a relatively painless procedure.
• Shave treatment areas 24-48 hours before treatment and ensure treatment area is clean and skincare free on the day of your treatment.
• Avoid sun exposure (including solariums and self-tanning products) 2-4 weeks before and after treatment.
• While you are exposed to the sun, ensure you apply Aspect Envirostat SPF 50 with Vitamin E continuously, every 2 hours. We are unable to treat recently tanned skin.
• Avoid bleaching plucking and waxing before and after treatment (the root of the hairs needs to be present!). However, shaving in between treatments is perfectly fine.
• It’s important to discontinue any topical medications and active skin care products for 3 days prior to treatment.
• Do not use Roaccutane for 6 months prior to treatment.
• Your skin should feel warm post treatment and may be red and slightly swollen for 1-3 days. Avoid hot showers during this time.
• Apply Aspects Post Laser Gel in clinic and at home morning and night as needed, to continue to soothe and calm the skin. Do not use products with active-ingredients / fragrance during the recovery period.
• Apply Aspect Envirostat SPF 50 with Vitamin E at all times during treatment plan. Avoid sun exposure at all times.
• Avoid exercise or any kind of strenuous physical activity for 24 hours after treatment to avoid skin irritation.
• Anywhere from 5-14 days after the treatment, shedding of the treated hair may occur and this appears as new hair growth. This is NOT new hair growth. You can clean and remove the hair by washing or wiping the area with a Riffi or Loofa sponge.
• Exfoliation of the skin can begin as soon as the redness has subsided from the treatment area, typically within a couple of days.
• Ask your NewSkin Therapist about our post-treatment laser packs that include everything you need to rejuvenate your skin and achieve optimal results.
Signup for exclusive offers
Enter your email and we'll keep you posted with news and offers.